Wednesday March 26th

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Wanted to show you a video from Erika's birthday party, but couldn't get blogger to take it, so here is another attempt, watch to the end for the cutest part...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzcsebvoocxbl4e/2014-03-22%2016.50.02.mov

After the night of the horrible sleep for both of us...we sucked up our energy and went to Sam's Club and HEB to do a little shopping just to get out!

At least Katie and I can feel sorry for each other.

In the afternoon we decided to have what we call an "8 minuter". Ok get your heads out of the gutter! It's been said numerous times that a short nap is very refreshing and healthy, so Katie and I call that our 8 minuter, as it is not good to nap too long. Actually our 8 minuter is usually 20 minutes or longer so why we continue to call it an 8 minuter I have no idea.

We heard a knock on the door, and when we tried to get to the door we saw Steve and Janet who used to rent from us, but now own their own place walking away.

Katie and I decided we should go and tell them we were actually at home but having our 8 minuter. We walked to their place but they weren't home, so we thought they were probably still walking. We found them several streets later. Steve said he had been sick the night before, running a fever etc. etc, but said he felt better today. We had a nice conversation, and I invited them back for a drink, but Steve basically said he thought it best we not be confined to small places with him having been sick, and us still sick. We took a rain check on getting together.

Later at night, Karelly was on facebook, standing outside Juan the Dentist's place  so she could get internet, with her tablet, that we gave her, in the rain, all concerned about how Katie was feeling. What a kid...she is awesome!

A great thing happened yesterday, I got an email from a friend of mine, Al Brolly, who wanted to know our phone number here. I replied back and he got it right away. Shortly after the phone rang, and it was him. All he wanted was for Katie and I to give our family $100 for him, to use in whatever way they thought was best, and he would pay me back when we got home. Katie's response "IS THAT EVER NICE!", with a big smile on her face. Ditto from me! We will give them that, and I am positive they will really appreciate it! We have so much, and they have so little. Thanks so much Al!

I got my bill from Time Warner yesterday for the internet. They suddenly added a $6.99 charge for modem rental, which they never charged me for before. They have my $50 deposit already for that modem for several years. I phoned them, and the associate wrote it off, but I was informed that this is an across the board charge for everyone from now on.

So...off to the store Thursday, to buy my own modem approved by them, which will pay for itself, and more savings in time. This would be better if I was a full subscriber yearly, as far as saving money goes, but it just irks me that my bill has been steadily creeping up anyway, and now they want to get totally greedy!

and so ends another great day in the Valley....

more later...




0 comments:

Post a Comment