Friday March 21st

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Katie and I went to Costco in the morning to get a couple of items we wanted. When we went to the checkout, I noticed an older couple in front of us, they were both wearing golf shirts which had a logo embroidered on them. I could not make out what it said. I would describe them as being well dressed.

The woman began to take the items out of her cart, on the side away from the cashier. She took everything out with the exception of a bottle of wine, which was at the back of the cart. There is no way she could have missed it! She proceeded to quickly push the cart past the cashier, and then turned it 90 degrees at the end so the cashier could not see the bottle of wine.

When she started this procedure, my "Spidey" senses went off, probably as a result of my previous profession. I said to Katie "She is going to try and steal that wine". I said it again a little louder, and there was no way I was going to let her get away with it. There was no doubt in my mind, this was not an accident on her part, missing the fact the bottle was still in the cart.

The cashier left her spot and went and retrieved the bottle of wine. After the couple paid and left, the cashier looked at me and said "thank you for that". She said she had not noticed the wine. When she retrieved the bottle she asked the lady if that was her wine, and the lady gave her a strange look, and appeared to be annoyed. She said these attempts happen all time.

When Katie and I went to load our items in our car, a car drove past me, and guess who was in the car? same couple. The logo on the side of the car said "United States Wildlife Dept." Guess they were preparing to have a party in the wild.

Katie and I stopped in at the Tmobile store, I am looking for options for internet for the kids, so that we can stay in touch, about the search for a house and everything else.

Back home, and a little while after the company that sprays our trailer for termites, showed up and did the job. They do a good job, and spray our place twice a year.

Katie and I went an hit golf balls after that...Katie always does well, and I was very pleased with how I was consistently hitting the ball.

Then it was a relaxing evening, but Katie is still coughing quite a bit, I feel so sorry for her.

and so ends another great day in the valley...

more later...




0 comments:

Post a Comment