Thursday March 27th

Friday, March 28, 2014

Both of us still sick...but on the news they said there was a warning from the Center for Disease Control. A different strain of a flu virus. The symptoms do not match what we have, but look at the map for the infected areas...All of Texas! They say they think it is caused by fruits and vegetables but don't know which ones, or from where. Great! Now what? If you get it, it is a trip to the hospital, and tell them to test for this, because they likely would not, and they can prescribe an antibiotic that works for this one.



We went to meet Sister Maureen at 2PM, so that we could give her some foodstuffs that Al and Bonnie gave us, because they were going home. We also gave her some gifts from my Brother and Sister in Law, to give to Michelle, the little girl they sponsor.

We also gave her the money to sponsor our first girl Vicky for the year, and also the money from my brother for Michelle.

Katie and I decided to go out for supper seeing as we are feeling not too great. We went to Cracker Barrel, it was good as usual. Funny, the woman behind us was complaining that they had changed the recipe for the corn bread and ruined it. We laughed because Cracker Barrel never changes anything. They already have a working formula for how to make money.

When we got home, I hooked up the new modem, got Time Warner to Activate it, then after a short bit, found out it was dropping the signal ever 5 minutes or so. Very annoying! So...now that Time Warner is not responsible for the modem, I phoned support for Motorola. The guy was good except he didn't really listen to me, and got me to do all the steps I had already done. Then he thought he was finished when I had internet access again. Oh no...said I! It drops the signal every 5 minutes I repeated.

He then got me to go to a page which exposes the settings for the modem. I read off a bunch of numbers to him, and long story short, phone Time Warner and get a technician out as the line is not performing well enough.

Nope...Katie and I said to each other. The new modem is going back, we don't have time to fool around with a technician right now, we'll put the old one back and pay the $6.99 for the months we're here. Later on, maybe next year we'll deal with this.

Tomorrow morning, back on the phone with Time Warner to get them to activate the old one again.

and so ends another great day in the Valley...

more later...

0 comments:

Post a Comment